The Shape Bandit is a gray, male cat. His outfit is mostly purple consisting of a jumpsuit, gloves, cape, mask, and shoes.
In his first early concept design, The Shape Bandit wears a beanie, a sweater, and gloves and he has only one set of whiskers. In his second concept design, he almost looks the same as his final design, only he still has his one set of whiskers and has a "goatee".
The Shape Bandit is sneaky and really tricky. He carries a magic bag that unleashes a shape-stealing purple tornado. He lives in a giant pair of pants as his hideout. He does not like his current home so he tries to build a house with Geo's Shape Belt, which he stole.
The Shape Bandit also appears in Umi Grand Prix!, where he rides on his motorcycle. However, The Shape Bandit broke his promise that he'd never steal anything ever again, since he used his bag to steal the bridges to stop Team Umizoomi and Shark Car in the prix. But after Team Umizoomi and Shark Car passed him, his whirlwind went out of control, knocking him out of the race. In the end, he congratulated Umi Car and Shark Car for winning the race and beating the Troublemakers.
- "Toodely-do, Team Umizoomi" (Sometimes just "Toodely-do")
- "Uh-uh-uh! I wouldn't go any further if I were you!"
- "Oh, How do you do?" (From "Umi Grand Prix!")
- The Shape Bandit bears some resemblance and similarity to Sylvester the Cat from Looney Tunes.
- His fur may be a reference to Tom Cat from Tom and Jerry.